Mentor - Mentee Scheme envisaged by NAAC is implemented by college as Guardian Teacher (GT) Scheme. This is one of the healthy practise successfully run by our institute since its inception in the year 2000. The scheme serves to establish a cordial relationship between teacher and students, bring solution to students problems and helps to unlock students potentials. The scheme focuses on the vital role of the teacher as a mentor (in the form of a Friend, Philosopher and Guide) to mould the wet clay into humans. It throws light on the involvement of the teachers as movers and shapers in laying down the strong foundation of our society and nation. Todays Google Generation demands the major role of a teacher as a Guardian, Counsellor and as a Guide. It is our prime responsibility to imbibe moral values and to bring out the best in the student. To have one to one interaction, for a batch fifteen students, a teacher is assigned the role of Teacher –Guardian.For effective communication and observation students from the class which the teacherengages for theory / practicals are allotted in the first year and the same G.T. is continued for three successive years.
Every year the committee frames a theme like -
• Efforts taken by the teachers to increase the attendance of the students.
• Join Hands for Clean and Green Environment(Imbibe Belongingness) and is accordingly implemented by the guardian Teachers . Need For The Implementation Of Guardian Teacher Scheme.
1. To provide emotional support and acclimatize the students .
2. To. establish good sense of rapport with students so as to develop a Healthy Teacher- Student relationship.
3. The teachers should interact constantly and keep themselves in contact with the students so that students problem regarding educational, socio-economical, health related and family related could be sorted out and help can be rendered .