1. Department of Zoology was established in 1958 at the time of establishment of the college.
2. The subject Zoology is being offered at UG level in four combinations with Botany, Biotechnology, Environmental Science and Microbiology.
3. The intake capacity of the department is of 140 students for UG level.
4. The inception of the PG level in the department is from the academic session 1991-1992 with intake capacity of 15+2 seats for M.Sc.-I.
5. The research laboratory of the department is recognized in 1992 by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University to carry the research work for the award of Ph. D. degree of the University with the sanction of 20 seats.
6. Presently, eight students perceive their ph. D. degrees under the supervision of four recognized research supervisors in the department.
7. Since 2009, the department also runs Career Oriented Course in Eco-tourism and Wildlife Photography at certificate, Diploma and advanced diploma level.
8. Total06 faculties are engaged in teaching UG classes and 02 fulltime contract basis teachers are engaged in conducting PG level academic activities.
9. The department is housed in the space having separate and well equipped UG and PG laboratories along with a research laboratory.
10. The department strives hard for the curricular and co-curricular excellence of the students through the organization of the study tours, field visits, rendering guidance for various intercollegiate and collegiate competitions are the regular activities of the department.
11. Extension activities related to conservation of the natural resources such as Wild life week celebration, Avian fauna conservation, appeal for eco-friendly Ganesh festival celebration with clay Ganesh idol are undertaken under the auspices of the zoological eco-club of the department.<