menu



Department of Chemistry

Brief History

The department was established in 1958 with B.Sc. programme, later on in 1998 post graduate programme was introduced, with specialization as Organic Chemistry. The research lab of the department has been recognized in 2000 by SGBAU, for Ph. D. and M. Phil with capacity of 20 research students. The department also offers career oriented course in Cosmetology, from 2006, as certificate, diploma and advanced diploma level. Twelve teachers, out of thirteen, acquired Ph. D. degree and actively engaged in research through publications and operating the research projects funded by UGC, DST and MOSF. Earlier Dr. V. K. Wasu, Dr. D. M. Patki, Dr. A.W. Raut, Dr. Babasaheb Bodade, Dr. R. P. Mahajan, Dr. V. P. Jagtap has contributed in developing the department and introduced the post graduate and research programmes.